Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Looking back on 2004

One of my online book groups has already done the "best of 2004" lists. Some of them have also posted their "worst of" lists, what a tough crowd.
Here is my list of "wow" books from 2004 (ones I read in 2004, not all
were published in 2004):

Laura Lippman, Every Secret Thing
PD James, The Murder Room
Margaret Maron, Last Lessons of Summer
Diane Leslie, Fleur de Leigh's Life of Crime
Robert Barnard, A Cry in the Dark
Reginald Hill, On Beulah Height
Lisa Scottoline, Killer Smile
Minette Walters, Disordered Minds
Karin Slaughter, Indelible
Judith Guest, The Tarnished Eye

These last 6 are, I guess my "double wow" books:
Jincy Willett, Winner of the National Book Award
Audrey Niffenegger, The Time Traveler's Wife
Michael Connelly, The Narrows
Jacqueline Winspear, Maisie Dobbs
KJ Erickson, Alone at Night
SJ Rozan, Absent Friends

And I got back into and got caught up on two excellent series: Ian
Rankin's John Rebus series and Lee Child's Jack Reacher series.

All in all, a pretty good reading year. And there's always the possibility of some more goodies before the month ends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home