Sunday, December 30, 2007

The Year in Review

A year in review posting is perhaps a bit premature, because, after all, I could read a great book tomorrow, and because I haven't posted my November or December reading lists. Nevertheless, here's the scoop for 2007.

This was my lowest reading year since 1997, with a total of 83 books read. For the first time ever, I had a top 10 mystery list with only one pass through my reading journal. No whittling down a list of 25, no honorable mention category needed. However, I did read more fiction and non-fiction this past year. I think the biggest impact on my reading, though, was being hooked on watching TV series on DVD.

Top 10 Mysteries of 2007 (in alphabetical order)

Giles Blunt,
By the Time You Read This

Lee Child,
Bad Luck and Trouble

Michael Connelly,
The Overlook

Deborah Crombie,
Water Like a Stone

Sue Grafton,
T is for Trespass

Margaret Maron,
Hard Row

Marcia Muller,
The Ever Running Man

Nancy Pickard,
The Virgin of Small Plains

S. J. Rozan,
In This Rain

Karin Slaughter,
Beyond Reach


Best Fiction:

Sarah Addison Allen,
Garden Spells

Elisabeth Hyde,
The Abortionist's Daughter

Valerie Martin,
Trespass


Find of the Year (or, the I-Can't-Believe-I-Never-Read
-This-Author-Before Award):

Jodi Picoult


Best New or New-to-Me Mystery Series:

Benjamin Black

Craig Johnson

Louise Penny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home